Monday 26 November 2012

Indigo Knit Studio Open

Driving back and forth to Hon Atsugi over the past year and slowly tearing down and rebuilding the old place, gnome-like in a dark cave, suddenly seemed worthwhile this weekend as the knit machine started to humm and buzz and to well.....knit  The studio looks somewhat magical and creative energy is ready to burst forth. There will be four of us for the time being. Daphne, Liza, Kurihara san and myself. I am being cautious at first. Not wanting to force anything to germinate that isn't organic and healthy. The original footing is important. I am excited about the possibilities of making some cool clothes from natural dyed silk, cotton, linen and wool knitted on our mid-50's knitters. My three partners are all gung-ho as well. Learning how to work these babies. The samples we made yesterday were great.




Justin and Noriko came and helped out last moth. Thank you to all the helpers.


9 comments:

  1. i can feel the excitement over here. がんばって!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neki,
    Daphne wrote me this morning and said she almost vomited she was so excited about making knits on these machines. Now that is excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I can't wait to see the indigo knits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing all of you best wishes for future growth and learning. wish I was there to share the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god oh my god, i'm excited and it's past my bedtime! wow! this is great, bryan, and so worth your effort. how wild these machines are, and nifty, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am there tomorrow to experiment all day with different threads. It is just soooo much fun. My face hurts from all the excitement.

      Delete
  6. looks like so much fun! wish i could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this adventure, everybody seems so happy!
    May I be your agent in Italy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blandina san. YES. Oh la la.. the silk persimmon dyed silk knits with indigo peeking through. You will love them. Pictures to come soon.

    ReplyDelete